by Lang Wheeler
One of the fun traditions of Yale-Harvard weekend is the joint glee club concert the night before The Game. When it’s in Cambridge, it’s held at Sanders Theatre, just outside Harvard Yard.
The program usually includes some of the old favorites and some pieces that are newer. Sometimes featured soloists will blow your mind. And always popular, former Glee Clubbers are invited onstage to sing a song or two with the Current Crowd. Tickets are only $20. Curtain time is 8:00 pm.
The Harvard Glee Club has graciously agreed to reserve a block of seats for us. We will just walk to Sanders Theatre from the restaurant. (See “Dinner Beforehand?” next.)
The proximity of Sanders Theatre to Harvard Square creates the opportunity for a pre-concert dinner at one of the better restaurants in Harvard Square. About a dozen of us combined dinner and the concert perhaps twenty years ago, and it was great fun. We anticipate a larger crowd this time, probably substantially larger.
We are going to collect $80.00/head for dinner, which will give us a good budget for nice entrees, appetizers, some good wine, tax and a tip. Depending on the headcount, we’ll either arrange for large table(s) in the main dining room or get a reserved room.
You can buy either the concert or the dinner a la carte. We’ll hand out the concert tickets at dinner. For those who purchase ONLY concert tickets (not dinner), we’ll arrange a foolproof rendezvous to get you your tickets.
Tickets On Sale
There are two ways to buy tickets — 1) online or 2) by check mailed to either Lang or Wayne. (Lang and Wayne are fronting all the costs for the concert, the dinner, Game, brunch and other events. They are handling all tickets and cash, and they will settle accounts with the Class in December.)
- Online Purchase.
- Tickets are on sale here
- Note: There’s a different online page that offers tickets to the Saturday events (The Game and brunch).
- Mail A Check
- First, decide the events you want to attend.
- Email that information and mail your check to Lang or Wayne at:
- Lang Wheeler, 48 Lake View, Cambridge, MA 02138, or
- Wayne Willis, 820 Titan Peak Place, Unit 102, Las Vegas, NV 89144
- What about refunds?
- The tickets are fully refundable until November 1st.
- Where do I pick up “Will Call” tickets?
- At the restaurant, prior to the concert; details to follow by email once we choose the restaurant and make arrangements for table(s) or a private dining room.
- What About Parking?
- After September 15th, we’ll update this page with parking information and email everyone who bought tickets the same information.
- Other questions?
- Use “contact us” form or email your question to Lang Wheeler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Wayne Willis (support@Yale1969.org).