by Lang Wheeler
When the Yale-Harvard Game is played in Boston, there’s a joint glee club concert on the Friday evening before The Game. Because so many Classmates will be in town for The Game, we’ve decided to extend the festivities by organizing a group dinner near Harvard — at a great location with wonderful food, wine and company — and walk over to the concert and sit as a group (in some good seats that I’ve pre-arranged.)
The program usually includes some of the old favorites and some pieces that are newer. Sometimes featured soloists will blow your mind. And always popular, former Glee Clubbers are invited onstage to sing a song or two with the Current Crowd. Tickets are only $20. Curtain time is 7:30 pm at Sanders Theatre, Harvard.
The Harvard Glee Club has graciously agreed to reserve a block of seats for us. We will just walk to Sanders Theatre from the restaurant.
Dinner At Henrietta’s Table Before The Concert
We will commence the evening with dinner, appetizers, dessert, and wine at Henrietta’s Table at the nearby Charles Hotel, beginning at 5:15 pm sharp (map). There will be a cash bar for those preferring something other than wine. Henrietta’s cuisine is nouveau New England, with traditional dishes prepared with a modern flair. Zagat reviewers give Henrietta’s food 4.4 stars out of five! Henrietta’s is the preferred Power Lunch spot in Harvard Square, and is the main restaurant of the Charles Hotel, the best hotel in Cambridge.
$125 per person buys you dinner and wine at Henrietta’s Table plus a concert ticket in our Class of ’69 block in Sanders Theater. The Charles Hotel is about a ten-minute walk across Harvard Square from Sanders Theater. If we leave the Charles by 7:15 pm, we’ll be in our seats with a few minutes to spare.
Tickets On Sale
There are two ways to buy tickets — 1) online or 2) by check mailed to either Lang or Wayne. (Lang and Wayne are fronting all the costs for the concert, the dinner, The Game, brunch and other events. They are handling all tickets and cash, and they will settle accounts with the Class in December.)
- Online Purchase.
- Tickets are on sale here
- Note: There’s a different online page that offers tickets to the Saturday events (The Game and brunch).
- Mail A Check
- $125 to Lang or Wayne at:
- Lang Wheeler, 48 Lake View, Cambridge, MA 02138, or
- Wayne Willis, 820 Titan Peak Place, Unit 102, Las Vegas, NV 89144
- $125 to Lang or Wayne at:
Tickets Are Limited
There’s only room for about 30 more seats.
- What about refunds?
- The tickets are fully refundable until November 1st.
- What About Parking?
- The garage at the Charles Hotel has an evening rate if you enter after 5pm. $14 flat (less $2.00 validation credit from Henrietta’s if you get your ticket stamped.)
- Other questions?
- Use “contact us” form or email your question to Lang Wheeler (email@example.com) or Wayne Willis (support@Yale1969.org).